Rejoice Minion Hunters.......

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Phulish
Nome

Rejoice Minion Hunters.......

Post by Phulish »

A gentleman in South Carolina is bringing back the Automag! Hopefully it will be half way affordable. :D But in the game worlds, it allows more large holes in stuff!
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: Rejoice Minion Hunters.......

Post by ReHerakhte »

Hmm, nice.
Now can we convince him to also bring back the other Wildey models? **

** The Wildey Survivor models are being produced by a company in Connecticut but there's been no hint of the Wildey Hunter models being made again :(
Not that I could ever own any of the Automag or Wildey pistols in Australia but I can dream...
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

I imagine that interest towards the Hunter variants will occur someday. Unless New Zealand has a rental club, you might find one on Guam, where the Japanese tourists go to shoot. Also saw a security robot article, the thing looked like a large marital aid standing on end. Perhaps an NPC who likes to use an Automag or Wildey on secbots is in order.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

This thread has made me realise that one of my internet gaming associates lives in the selfsame Connecticut town that is home to the Wildey - must find out if he's ever had a go with one 8)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Not much on the new Automag website at the moment so I guess we should watch this space: http://www.automag.com/
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Hmm, I wonder if I could convince a gunshop here to import an AutoMag with the .22LR conversion kit fitted so I could claim that it is not a semi-auto in a calibre larger than .38?

Although completely unrelated to the AutoMag, I did give some serious thought to tracking down one of the AMT Automag pistols in .30Carbine but it started to get far too expensive for something that was ultimately indulging a whim.

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote:I did give some serious thought to tracking down one of the AMT Automag pistols in .30 Carbine but it started to get far too expensive for something that was ultimately indulging a whim.
As it happens, some years ago when I still did cyberpunk LARP & cosplay I used to carry a cheap airsoft Automag .30 simply because to my eye the proportions were slightly "off" :)

Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

I know what you mean Lee so you aren't alone in thinking that the Automag III looks a bit "wrong" or "off". To me it always looked as though somebody jammed a too large frame onto a smaller pistol and to hell with the aesthetics!
I've always kinda liked it because it's a "quirk gun", a semi-auto chambered for the .30C round is quite an oddity.
Unfortunately by being an oddity it's also too high priced for my finances. Last time I checked they were selling second-hand for US$1100 and a quick check now shows that they still for that price... at the lower end.
The upper price is around US$1500 :shock: but I'd still like to have one :D

It's whether I win...
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

Is it just semiauto handguns or revolvers too? Cause a "K" frame S&W in .32H&R or .327 Federal would be in order. >32 H&R can use .32 LC, the .327 can use .32 H&R and .32LC as well.