Werewolf Tabloid

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Linden
Darkling

Werewolf Tabloid

Post by Linden »

It has to be said that the Express doesn't enjoy the best of reputations in dear old Blighty, but they've certainly come up trumps this time:

"Residents trembling in terror after seeing '8 FOOT WEREWOLF' in British city"

Old Stinker eh? Classic :wink:
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Linden
Darkling

Re: Werewolf Tabloid

Post by Linden »

Closer to home for Lee and myself there is of course "The Worcester Bungle".
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

It's these sorts of things that influenced me to set most of my DC games in Europe. Not these two specific "creatures" obviously (especially the Bungle haha) but the variety of mythological, supernatural and even mundane creatures and events from thousands of years of settled human societies just seemed a better fit for my games than Dark America.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

I think America's got a well established weird tradition but I set my game in UK/Europe because it's where I'm familiar with and I found it easier to extrapolate a dark future from. I would consider a US campaign. With the country being so large I think it'd be easier to run a convincing "Outlaw" type setting than in the UK (I'd guess the same would go for Austrialia too). Most of my adventures tend to be urban, possibly I've neglected the potential of rural settings.
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

America definitely has a good base for the campaign setting, massive cities, small towns, large rural areas, large wilderness areas, borders with two distinctly different nations and native American mythology and plenty of other weirdness and so on so it's not to say that it isn't a good setting, I just never found it as appealing as the much more varied mythologies, superstitions and folk beliefs of Europe. :(
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

There's nothing wrong with going with what you know. I'd like to do a Euro-centric campaign, but my overseas tour was Japan. The British slots filled fast. An Expat minion hunter network might be interesting to set up.