Current State of Things

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
anthraxus
Mike

Current State of Things

Post by anthraxus »

O Mighty TGC,

Might we inquire as to what is the state of the redesign and such? We know, mainly from Lee Williams posts, that the redesign is progressing, but it has been ages since we've heard anything from Marcus or seen a post on the DC main page.

What's happening? Do you have a rough timetable for things yet? Anything you can share?
"All right, Phase 6, Bad guys go first..."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Any update on the playterster thing maybe? Don't feel pressed though! We appreciate your work and we perfectly know that you have more things to do in your lives than working on DC. Thanks in advance anyways.
Marcus Bone
Site Admin

A Brief Moment in DC

Post by Marcus Bone »

Hi All,

Thanks for the interest in the status of DC. Things here at The Gamers’ Conglomerate are progressing slowly, and we are about to reach a major checkpoint in our development cycle (which unfortunately I can’t go into any more details about at the moment). The good news is that all the mechanical, setting and system changes we wish to introduce to the new edition have been drafted, and the next step is to get them to the owner of the DC property for his approval. I must put my hand up here and say that it is mainly my fault that it has taken so long to get to this point, especially in light of all the great work done by Norm and Lee (although having an artist or now perhaps two who have ‘disappeared’ on us hasn’t helped).

There is some bad news however, and it is this that has seen the massive delays in updating the website and my lack of communication in general. Recently, my Father-in-law was diagnosed with terminal cancer (he’s only 57), and this has resulted in my wife and son move a good 600 kilometres away to be with him. Of course, this has also meant that I have been travelling over half the length of this fine country to visit them most weekends, leaving no time for web work. There are updates ready for the site, but it’s just a matter of getting them up and out to the world at large.

So that just about wraps it up. Sorry this post wasn’t full of more cheer (especially near Christmas), but things are ticking along and we will (with a bit of luck) see 3rd Edition DC by April 2007!

Here’s to you and yours,

Marcus
Owner of http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.info and other great RPG websites -
- Stormbringer! - Supporting the Eternal Champion RPGs at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com
- Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

I am sure that we all wish Marcus and his family well at this time, especially those of us like myself who have known him for a good while now.

As for the new edition, scheduling it for an April release is good by me personally as my birthday is the 24th of that month, so it's almost like a present from my perspective.
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Hell, not much going on here lately. Were is everybody? Am I alone in this crypt? Well, anyways. So what is DC doing this year? Any interesting new developments or something else we need to know?
Marcus Bone
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Bone »

Hi Zvezda,

Things are actually progressing better than they have for a couple of months!

We have the core rules laid down and current in playtest locally (I'm running a variant of the 'Among the Dead' campaign). The artists are currently back on track with producing new art, and we are currently in negotiation with another artist to complete some 'weapon/vehicle' images.

I have recently been travelling again (which limits my time on the boards, etc.) although Norm, Lee and Tad have been working hard on porting across some of the material from the 1st edition supplements.

In other news, I have another audio recording recording ready and about to go up. The website (which desperately needs new content) has another article by Linden Dunham, an adventure seed and more fiction ready to release. Also, Tim, from the DC mailing list asked a few questions about the game, and I wrote up a fairly long answer; one that I'll post up on the website as well

Unfortunately, the Playtesting scheme has stumbled again, and I need to get that in hand once I have time.

I'm feeling confident that we've turned a corner here and things between TGC and the owner of DC are going smoothly. This all bodes well for a very new Dark Conspiracy!

Cheers!

Marcus
Owner of http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.info and other great RPG websites -
- Stormbringer! - Supporting the Eternal Champion RPGs at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com
- Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Good to hear that things are proceeding apace.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Yes, myself and Norm (especially Norm!) have been hard at work on the task of revamping and reworking much of the good stuff from the First Edition that we intend to keep for the TGC version. The main task we have is to make sure that people who don't know the game are going to see it as all-new and buy lots of copies! 8)

For the rest of you, just buy it anyway :D You know you want it! :D
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Most excellent, most excellent!! I sure do buy all the stuff, is just hope you manage that distribution thing. But I am totally confident. Hell, as with any other sect we should do solidarity buyings when the sect leaders publish new S/F books... :shock: Do you have any movie stars to promote DC3? Thanks for your update Marcus! You made my day! I havn't had any reply on my playtester...how ever that is called...inquiry or what ever. Are you just too busy or is it possible that the mail hangs somewhere in some spam filter?
All the news are very, very good news. I really want to see DC3 as soon as possible. Do you have any big plans for distribution or are you going to do mostly direct sales via internet?
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Zvezda wrote:Do you have any movie stars to promote DC3?
What's Rutger Hauer doing these days? Given the amount of times we namecheck Split Second he ought to do us a favour. Alternatively, I'm sure he'd turn up as long as we agreed to buy him lunch, preferably in the form of pies.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Yeah I have heard so too. He'll do anything for some pies. Hell! Does someone have a picture of the assault shotguns they were using in Spilt Second? I really need those!
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Ivan Dobski wrote:I'm sure he'd turn up as long as we agreed to buy him lunch, preferably in the form of pies.
Yes, he's been packing the weight on for some time now. In fact I was a bit shocked when I saw the size of him in 'Crossworlds' and that movie's 10 years old now :shock:
Lee Williams.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote: Yes, he's been packing the weight on for some time now. In fact I was a bit shocked when I saw the size of him in 'Crossworlds' and that movie's 10 years old now
He never met a pie he didn't like:

"I've eaten stuff you people wouldn't believe...turkey twizzlers on fire after being left too long in the microwave...half eaten pizzas scrounged from the rubbish bin in the darkness by my neighbour's garden gate."
Fiannaidhe

Post by Fiannaidhe »

:) Good to hear that DC3 is an up and coming release!

Thanks again to all of us fans and to TGC for keeping Dark Conspiracy alive and in progress for a new edition.
Bob

Post by dougaderly »

Is there any news on when the product may be released? I've noticed it's been quiet around here for a while...