Latest Developments from 3Hombres Games!

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Morthrai
Site Admin

Latest Developments from 3Hombres Games!

Post by Morthrai »

OK folks, tomorrow we will be making the detailed official announcement about exactly what is happening with the new Dark Conspiracy edition. For those who want a preview, Norm has already posted a short update here:

http://www.kinstaffmedia.com/3hombres/archives/117

:D 8) :D 8) :twisted: :D
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: Latest Developments from 3Hombres Games!

Post by ReHerakhte »

Makes me happy and although I am a 100% certainty to buy the new books, I'm still willing to donate money to help 3Hombres with the Dark Conspiracy publishing etc. etc.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote: For those who want a preview, Norm has already posted a short update here:

http://www.kinstaffmedia.com/3hombres/archives/117

:D 8) :D 8) :twisted: :D

Great news. Love the vampire pic.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote:Makes me happy and although I am a 100% certainty to buy the new books, I'm still willing to donate money to help 3Hombres with the Dark Conspiracy publishing etc. etc.

You'd need to talk to Norm off-line about that mate, I don't deal with the business and finance stuff (what with me having next to no finances and all :evil: )
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Cheers for the info Lee

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

At last, after all the ups and downs and ifs and buts and maybes…

3Hombres Games are happy to announce the core rulebook for DARK CONSPIRACY® III is now available! Entitled CONSPIRACY RULES™, it is the first book of the Dark Conspiracy III series, an update to the original and in many ways ground-breaking urban horror RPG of the 1990s. This update brings the rules into alignment with Traveller: The New Era® and Twilight 2000®, version 2.2.

Featuring internal fiction by such names as Jason L. Blair and Matt Forbeck with new and original artwork by David Lee Ingersoll (who also did the cover), Bradley K. McDevitt, and Earl Geier who also worked on the first edition, this rules set contains a modified character generation system, updated management of Contacts and clarified rules for automatic gunfire and initiative, and several other minor changes.

CONSPIRACY RULES can be obtained as a PDF from the DriveThru RPG/RPG Now webstores:
http://www.rpgnow.com/product/108666/Co ... =FrontPage

Look for the expanded background and setting book CONSPIRACY LIVES™, coming soon.

Thanks to all our friends and supporters, old and new, for keeping the faith! Cheers!
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

I want a copy of this, I'm denied the pleasure and it's really starting to piss me off. :evil:

I can't log into DriveThruRPG, my account details haven't changed in well over four years and the password is one I've been using successfully on the site for the last 10 months. I've requested the link to reset my password but I never receive the email containing the link (tried three times in the last two days so far).

Has anyone else ever had this issue on DriveThru? I've sent a customer service request for help but because it's the weekend I'll have some more waiting to do before they're back in the office :(

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote:

Has anyone else ever had this issue on DriveThru? I've sent a customer service request for help but because it's the weekend I'll have some more waiting to do before they're back in the office :(

Not the same issue, but I've had problems with the payment process aborting mid-way through. Happened on a couple of occasions. I'm not that au fait with the technical aspects but it seems to me that the site infrastructure is rather dodgy.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

Yeah I've had that happen a few times as well.
In a somewhat "amusing" turn of events given the problems we're discussing, apparently my single submission has generated two help requests and yet the 'reset your password' page won't send me the email with the link :?

Dodgy infrastructure?
It's what teh interwebs is made of!

You know, in 1969 the human race sent people to the moon and brought them back using computers with less power than my mobile phone. Why the hell can't computer technology that's thirty years more advanced stand up to the simple task of sending me an email to reset my password...

It's whether I win...
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

Well after all that, DriveThru's customer service have dealt with the issue and reset my entry details and I'm just finishing up with all that and about to buy Conspiracy Rules

So I'm a bit happy about that :D
All thanks go to their customer service crew, I was expecting to wait until next week because I thought their staff would be out of the office for the weekend.

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Righty ho then Kevin! Seeing as it it's you I will expect a full and frank review :) If you find any errata then make sure to send it to us at the relevant email address: errata@kinstaffmedia.com

Cheers!
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

Well I did post about the release on my (rarely used) posterous blog, does that count?

:mrgreen:

It's whether I win...
Nivicus

Post by Nivicus »

Well, I just purchased my copy of Conspiracy Rules. I am currently on page 20 and working through drawing up my first Character Sheet for a Mr. Victor Simmons. Victor has a haunting of his twin brother Alex, who died in a cross fire between gangers and police at the young age of 9.

So far I have high hopes of the rules system and I'm keen on the new career development ideas. I did find a few typos already, and I have a huge problem with the point distribution system for attributes. I am willing to go with it for play testing purposes, but here's my biggest issue with it. I think that the chance rolls add a whole different aspect to the game and believe that there should be a rule using the old attribute rolling rules. A 2d6-2 roll for each attribute seems fair to me. And I also see they changed to rules for empathic attribute generation to rise above a 5. I am still in the beginning of the book, but I'm curious to how overpowered this makes empaths.... er psionics for that matter.