Sad news from 3Hombres

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Marcus Bone
Site Admin

Sad news from 3Hombres

Post by Marcus Bone »

I just saw this over at the 3hombres site - http://www.kinstaffmedia.com/3hombres/

Sad news indeed, although I can understand where Norm is coming from.

I do hope Protodimensions continues, and of course I'll keep this site going as long as I can!

Marcus
Owner of http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.info and other great RPG websites -
- Stormbringer! - Supporting the Eternal Champion RPGs at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com
- Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: Sad news from 3Hombres

Post by ReHerakhte »

Damn
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

I'm sorry to hear that. Like Marcus I hope Protodimension can keep going, but I'm guessing it's bad news for the new edition of Dark Conspiracy?
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

I've been thinking about this most of last night. I'd be interested to hear from Norm if possible (actually I should get off my arse and shoot him an email!), my question is, how much money is required and over what time period to enable 3Hombres to keep operating?

The reason I ask is because in his post at 3Hombres he says that it's basically his disposable income that is being used to keep the operation going.
This makes it sound as though it's actually able to be funded by just one or two people and as a mad fanboy I'd be very willing to put money towards keeping the company going.

I fully realize that if Norm loses his job then he's going to have much more important concerns than running 3Hombres. However if it's something that he would like to keep operating until he can fund it himself, I'm happy to help.

Edit: *Assuming that given the potential situation, Norm has the time & energy to continue 3Hombres

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Hey all. Here's a few words on the subject, but please bear in mind this may be subject to change and I don't know every single one of the ins-and-outs. If anything I put here is incorrect I am sure Norm will put it right.

Norm tells me his intention is still to release the new version of the core rules, after all we are "that close" as the saying goes! However, unless things change for the better we won't be publishing any support material. Protodimension WILL continue so there will remain at least the same level of support as exists currently. The DC material we have in the pipeline may well be released through PDM but that's undecided.

Kinstaff Media/3Hombres Games WILL continue publishing! We have our own in-house system in development, based on an original idea from Tad Kelson. What we have in mind is to keep the system simple and concentrate on the detail of the game worlds.

Basically, I'd better stop now because we don't want to give too much away!

In a nutshell then: We ARE going ahead as a company, but as things stand our future projects won't include any further officially licensed Dark Conspiracy material. Protodimension will continue fan support for DC and all the other systems we cover, and our own stuff when that comes about of course.

Cheers all, and keep up the excellent work on here Marcus :)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Marcus Bone
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Bone »

Morthrai wrote:Norm tells me his intention is still to release the new version of the core rules, after all we are "that close" as the saying goes! However, unless things change for the better we won't be publishing any support material. Protodimension WILL continue so there will remain at least the same level of support as exists currently. The DC material we have in the pipeline may well be released through PDM but that's undecided.

Excellent! I look forward to seeing DC return, and especially glad that PDM will continue!

Morthrai wrote:Kinstaff Media/3Hombres Games WILL continue publishing! We have our own in-house system in development, based on an original idea from Tad Kelson. What we have in mind is to keep the system simple and concentrate on the detail of the game worlds.

Even better!
Owner of http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.info and other great RPG websites -
- Stormbringer! - Supporting the Eternal Champion RPGs at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com
- Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

+1 to everything Marcus said.

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote:
In a nutshell then: We ARE going ahead as a company, but as things stand our future projects won't include any further officially licensed Dark Conspiracy material. Protodimension will continue fan support for DC and all the other systems we cover, and our own stuff when that comes about of course.

I'm also glad to hear that you'll be continuing. I think your own system is the way to go, you can be your own bosses then.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Linden wrote:I'm also glad to hear that you'll be continuing. I think your own system is the way to go, you can be your own bosses then.

It is also a handy coincidence that having our own open system means we could put out material that is just a gnat's away from an existing game without encountering any major licensing issues :wink:
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"