DETOUR is now available!

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Morthrai
Site Admin

DETOUR is now available!

Post by Morthrai »

Cool cover and matching interior graphics…you can purchase our first product, DETOUR, at DriveThruRPG and RPGNow.

Drawn out of the BosWash metroplex deep into the Out-Law and uncomfortably close to Demonground, the players team up with a rough-and-tumble group of salvage experts who may know more about the spreading Darkness than they let on. Far from the teeming streets of BosWash, somewhere off the Northeast Turnpike Extension, a baited trap lays waiting, The players will be pulled from the crowded metroplex streets to the low, forbidding mountains of the East Coast and the horrible Dark “thing” that has slipped the ever-weakening barriers that has kept it at bay for millennia.

Modern conspiracy horror in a dismal alternate future, but with hope of making a difference…”Mount up, Minion Hunters!”

DETOUR is designed for use with Dark Conspiracy® 1st and 2nd Editions (available here) and will be updated to the new 3rd edition (DARK CONSPIRACY III) when it is released.
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Re: DETOUR is now available!

Post by Zvezda »

Chrismas and birthday at the same time (which a friend of mine unfortunatly has, she says it's really terrible)!! :shock:
Before I go and buy it, is there a chance of a "real" book version of this?
Руки Вверх!
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

screw it! I'll buy two. Download finished. Probably the most effective advertisiging ever.
Руки Вверх!
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

10 Minutes between information and purchase.

Crystal Lake? Hell can it get more epic than that?
Руки Вверх!
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

I bought a copy purely for the perverse reason of seeing my name in the credits for additional material and having it also marked on the pdf as belonging to me... call me egotistical!

I've only skimmed through it but one thing that stands out, DC is meant to be set some time in 2013-2014 or later, now that we are practically living in that time period we have the benefit of adding a lot of updated material to DC. So for example, having ten years and more of the internet has made a lot of information available to the general populace and it's very cool to see this extra knowledge reflected in "Detour".

Personally, I can't wait to see what 3Hombres does next.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Truth! But the question still remains: Will there be a printet version?
Руки Вверх!
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote:Truth! But the question still remains: Will there be a printet version?
Honestly? Not for a while yet. In fact there might not ever be a print version but hopefully we will work something out in the future.

So, the official answer is "We are not sure" :?
Lee Williams.
Marcus Bone
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Bone »

How's sales going, Lee? I'm guessing the actual numbers are more Norm's domain, but is it meeting expectations?

Just curious to see how much life there is left in the old girl 20 years on!

Marcus
Owner of http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.info and other great RPG websites -
- Stormbringer! - Supporting the Eternal Champion RPGs at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com
- Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Marcus Bone wrote:How's sales going, Lee? I'm guessing the actual numbers are more Norm's domain, but is it meeting expectations?
Actually Marcus, you are correct in your guess! Norm is in charge of all that side of things, but he told me he was content with early sales which I think refers to the first couple of days 8)
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

That's good news. I hope it will continue that way. Will the DC3 core rules be available as printed version?
Руки Вверх!
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Zvezda wrote:That's good news. I hope it will continue that way. Will the DC3 core rules be available as printed version?
The intention is to make the 'bigger' books such as rulebooks and sourcebooks available as PDFs first, with a print option later. There are several factors that will contribute toward this happening, particularly PDF sales.

That's where we stand at the moment :D
Lee Williams.