DC on CD - closer to completion?

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

DC on CD - closer to completion?

Post by ReHerakhte »

G'Day all,
Saw this on Demonground: -

Current Owner of DC
Posted: Tuesday, 16 June 2009 8:18 PM (EST)
We (that is, Far Future Enterprises) is now preparing a CDROM of DC1 and of DC2 to appear later this year. For more information, you can email me at
farfuture@gmail.com

Thread here for those of you who are registered on Demonground.
http://demonground.org/forums/open+discussion/314.aspx

According to the FarFutureEnterprises website, the DC CD is still in preparation so the above posting is the latest news on it's status.
Cheers,
Kevin
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Re: DC on CD - closer to completion?

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote:G'Day all,
Saw this on Demonground: -

Current Owner of DC
Posted: Tuesday, 16 June 2009 8:18 PM (EST)
We (that is, Far Future Enterprises) is now preparing a CDROM of DC1 and of DC2 to appear later this year. For more information, you can email me at
farfuture@gmail.com

Thread here for those of you who are registered on Demonground.
http://demonground.org/forums/open+discussion/314.aspx

According to the FarFutureEnterprises website, the DC CD is still in preparation so the above posting is the latest news on it's status.
Cheers,
Kevin
Hate to come over all grammar fascist but you'd think they'd know the difference between singular and plural. "We is..." sounds like bloody Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Also they should have posted on here, instead of Demonground which is, let's face it, a bit quiet these days. Clueless. :roll:

Anyway, it'll be good to see the CD when it comes out.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Linden wrote:Hate to come over all grammar fascist but you'd think they'd know the difference between singular and plural. "We is..." sounds like bloody Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Also they should have posted on here, instead of Demonground which is, let's face it, a bit quiet these days. Clueless. :roll:

Anyway, it'll be good to see the CD when it comes out.
Well, it's only a grammar mistake after all! Being fair, Far Future haven't owned the DC license for ages so maybe they aren't too familiar with the DC fan community (us lot!), thus explaining why they didn't come here first off?

It will be very good to see it! 8)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

The impression I have is that FarFuture believes that Demonground is the most well known forum site for DC. Unfortunately there aren't too many forums left, there's this one, Demonground and a few Yahoo sites from what I can tell (I mostly hang out on this one!).

However, all that being said, what I was most interested in was the mention of DC 2nd Ed. I know FarFuture wants to add the 2nd Ed. books but when I first asked months ago, they had to resolve some licencing issues. My main hope is that not only will we see the Masters Editions of DC2 on the CD-ROM but the Referee's Screen and the Sin City scenarios as well.

Cheers,
Kevin

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote:Far Future haven't owned the DC license for ages so maybe they aren't too familiar with the DC fan community (us lot!), thus explaining why they didn't come here first off?
Not unreasonable to expect them to do a bit of basic research into their prospective market though? Type "Dark Conspiracy" into Google and this forum is ranked second, right behind the wikipedia entry.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote:However, all that being said, what I was most interested in was the mention of DC 2nd Ed. I know FarFuture wants to add the 2nd Ed. books but when I first asked months ago, they had to resolve some licencing issues. My main hope is that not only will we see the Masters Editions of DC2 on the CD-ROM but the Referee's Screen and the Sin City scenarios as well.
According to Marcus Bone who is in regular contact with FFE, the CD-ROM will include everything from both previous iterations of DC. This should include Sin City and there is even a possibility that Demonground will be in there!
Lee Williams.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Linden wrote:Not unreasonable to expect them to do a bit of basic research into their prospective market though? Type "Dark Conspiracy" into Google and this forum is ranked second, right behind the wikipedia entry.
That is true. I get the impression that Marc Miller likes to do things person-to-person, though I may be wrong there. All I know is that I have had personal emails from him, as has Marcus, and I do not know if Marc hangs out on forums any more. I know he used to, but that was some years ago since we were on the same boards.
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

And here's an update from Mr Miller on the Demonground forum...

I'll raise another topic. Has anyone seen the infamous “Lost Video“? The GDW DC Video they produced on VHS?

As I wrote over there, "They produced a video? That's the first I've ever heard of it and I'm a DC nerd-boy!"

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote:And here's an update from Mr Miller on the Demonground forum...

I'll raise another topic. Has anyone seen the infamous “Lost Video“? The GDW DC Video they produced on VHS?

As I wrote over there, "They produced a video? That's the first I've ever heard of it and I'm a DC nerd-boy!"
Kevin, YOU'RE a DC nerd-boy? :D
Even I was totally unaware of this video's existence until recently...having now seen it I have to say it reminds me a lot of the trailers you used to see on rental VHS movies at that time (early 1990's). As you all know by now, one of my favourite things about DC is the way that you can slide in ideas from any movie , so doing this video in that style works :)
Lee Williams.
farfuture

Post by farfuture »

I posted on Demonground because I was pursuing permissions from the DG writers to include their articles in the DC2 disk. It seemed natural enough to post a prgress/ status report there as I did that.

I have since been invited to this forum, and have (as you can see) joined up).

There is an advance look at the interface page for the DC1 and DC2 CDROMs, which at least gives you an idea of what is in the CDROMs. They are each FULL, about 550 mb each.

http://www.farfuture.net/DC1%20CDROM.pdf

includes all of the Challenge articles.
Includes the Lost Video
Includes a nice little compilation of the DC Headers from the various books.

http://www.farfuture.net/DC2%20CDROM.pdf

includes the DemonGround 1-7 issues, which were the exclusively DC issues.

Much of this material will also be available ala carte on DriveThruRPG.
Marc Miller
www.farfuture.net
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Does not look too bad.
farfuture

Post by farfuture »

That's called "Damning with Faint Praise."

What would it require to look "Excellent?"
Everything that was published by GDW, including Challenge articles? It has that.
Cheaper by far than buying the individual files on DriveThruRPG? It has that.
Legitimate, non-pirate? It has that.
All in one place on your shelf? It has that.
Marc Miller
www.farfuture.net
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Well you see Marc, Zvezda is a good guy but he's usually quite reserved in his judgements and opinions. Get him excited though and wow! :D
Lee Williams.
farfuture

Post by farfuture »

Well, let's see if we can get him excited...

Frankly, I have enjoyed going through the DC materials (both DC1 and DC2) and I was impressed with the depth of DC. It got me excited and I'm pretty close to it.
Marc Miller
www.farfuture.net
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

The other thing to remember with Zvezda is that English is not his native language and some comments from him may sound more subdued than he intended.

It's whether I win...