DC on CD - closer to completion?

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Sorry if I came on a bit strong earlier. Given how enthusiastic the members of this forum are about DC I wasn't happy that it appeared have been bypassed, or at least that's how it seemed to me at the time. I now fully appreciate that wasn't anyone's intention and apologise if I've needlessly offended anybody.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

G'Day All,
Here's the latest on DC on CD - and it's good news :D

Here's an extract from an update email I just received from Far Future Enterprises...

ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UPDATES from Far Future Enterprises
NEW CDROMS-
For Dark Conspiracy- We have created two CDROMs encompassing all of the Dark Conspiracy materials available (it wouldn’t fit on one disk).

Dark Conspiracy I. All of the First Edition Dark Conspiracy materials, including core rules, the Minion Hunter boardgame, all of the Challenge Magazine articles, and the “Lost” Video GDW produced. It does not include the Stackpole novels.

Dark Conspiracy 2. All of the Second Edition Dark Conspiracy materials, including the Basic and Masters versions of the Players and Referee’s core rules, the Referee Screen, the three Sin City adventures, and even an unpublished draft update (v2.5) to the Players core rules. It also includes the elctronic fanzine DemonGround (issues 1-7).
You can see more information, and order at
http://www.farfuture.net/dc.html

These CDROMs will ship by August 31.

FREE GUIDES
We have produced two Guides to Dark Conspiracy (Guide to DC1 and Guide to DC2) as free downloadable PDFs. You can download them here:
http://www.farfuture.net/dc.html

DriveThruRPG now includes the First Edition DC books from GDW (the second ition DPI materials will be available in August). You can see these items here:
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php ... urers_id=4
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

I am truly glad to see that the DC material is available once more. I am going to direct my younger gaming mates in FFE's and DTRPG's direction forthwith so they can see why my GM mind is so warped :P
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

It's great that the Minon Hunter games are on the cds too. I can also do with Sin City but I already own the other stuff.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

I have just been reading through the DC Guides that FFE have made available from their website and spotted something in the section detailing the Challenge magazine articles for DC:

"78- Flashback. unpublished. The PCs, now alone, stand back-to-back to face the final assault in the temple ruins.
78- The Shroud. unpublished. Can the PCs recover the mysterious shroud stolen from an alien corpse?"

I once spent literally months trying to track these down for Demonground without success, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them at long last!
Along with the lost promo video this makes three things I had never seen or heard of, and I have been described as a DC guru by others in the past :?
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote: 78- The Shroud. unpublished. Can the PCs recover the mysterious shroud stolen from an alien corpse?"
I remember seeing that in the "next issue" page of Challenge (may not even have been the last one) and being quite intrigued.

Minion Hunter would be a bit of a bugger to print out though?
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

I wish they would be able to include the old PC game of Minion Hunter. I've been digging around for that forever.
"All right, Phase 6, Bad guys go first..."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

The PC version of Minion Hunter - good luck with your search. It never even got mentioned here in Australia and it's only because of the net that I heard about it.
Does anyone remember the online Dark Conspiracy game that I think was from some offshoot of Tantalus?
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...