Weapons

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

I lkie the kombat version KS-23K! I think it is a very good idea to include some more russian and eastern block weapons. The armor piercing ability of the Abakan is also quite interesting. In my opinion role playing games in the near future should generaly focous on real weapons. Take cyberpunk 20.20 for example most guns you got there are crap, compared to those of the real world. It was always a bit strange when the gun nuts in our group first went to an antiques store to get weapons much better than those offered by the hight tech shops...Or the G-11 in DC...anyways. The KS-23 is interesting but the recoil must be horrible I once read a story that someone form the USA who tried to shoot the gun broke his shoulder.
anthraxus
Mike

Post by anthraxus »

An impressive shotgun to be sure. 6-gage, with a pistol grip. This is a truly monster gun. It's disadvantages would be the small standard Mag size (3 cylinder + 1 in chamber) and a truly ungodly recoil. There is supposed to be a detachable magazine in existance although it apparently is still coverd by a cloud of Soviet secrecy. Off the top of my head I would probably stat it out as follows:
Name___________ROF_____Damage_______Pen_______Mag_______SS_______Range
KS-23M Drozd____SA_______8/16_______2-3-4/Nil_______4_______10_________45
The damage and Pen is for Slug/Buckshot, although tear gas, rubber, and anti-vehicular rounds are also made.
"All right, Phase 6, Bad guys go first..."
vadersson

Post by vadersson »

I just read an article about good old Venzula buying a bunch of AK-103s from Russia. It would be good to have stats for the whole series of AK weapons for DC. I know there are copies of Fire, Fusion, and Steel laying around to calculate the data from.

Just a thought.

Duncan
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

vadersson wrote:I just read an article about good old Venzula buying a bunch of AK-103s from Russia. It would be good to have stats for the whole series of AK weapons for DC. I know there are copies of Fire, Fusion, and Steel laying around to calculate the data from.
Looks like this chap has already done the work for us :) :

http://www.pmulcahy.com/assault_rifles/ ... rifles.htm

(I'm sure a link to this site has already been posted but couldn't remember the thread)
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

In fact the Drozd is already statted out on Wapahani's website, along with a whole bunch of other neat stuff :)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

OK then, I have uploaded my stats for the Zeliska revolver as a Word document to the Files section of the Dark Conspiracy Yahoo group/mailing list. If you're not already a member then go and join now so you can behold this thing in its full glory :)

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/dark-conspiracy/
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

For a good picture and some information (in russian) on the KS-23K you can go here:KS23 The important facts are: Wt: 4Kg Mag:7 Box
I guess we need some sort of link collection or something.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

All I can say at this stage is that the weapons listings will be 'cleaned up' from the old editions, with some things staying, some going and a few new additions too 8) As for the suggestion of putting more Russian and Eastern European weapons into the mix, my personal thought is that in a future with runaway economic depression a supply of dirt-cheap but reliable and easily-mended firearms would only be a bonus. :D
Lee Williams.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Going back to the reliability issue, I recall a TV documentary I saw here in the UK a few years back that showed the work of the South African Police's most elite unit (example; these guys are the only police in the world who HAVE to be qualified skydivers!). Anyhoo, they were called in to disarm a weapons cache that had been uncovered in a riverbed that stays dry for 9 months of the year. One of the cops explained how deadly the streets of Jo'burg had become by criminal gangs unearthing these caches and selling the guns for really low prices. To demonstrate the danger, the guy unwrapped an AK that had been wrapped in a blanket and buried in this riverbed for 17 years, squirted some oil into the action, loaded a clip of 17 year-old ammo, and emptied the thing downrange, no problem :shock: I mean, he didn't even field-strip the thing, just oiled it!
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

These things are build to last. It might be possible to include some rules for jamming in the new DC. It would not be a big problem since we already got the critical miss.
Phulish
Nome

Re: Weapons

Post by Phulish »

Since this thread things have still changed. The 25MM grenade rifle might replace the storm gun as an example. One of the DCRPG early teasers had a .40 NAA wide body M1911. Benelli has replaced the SPAS12 as a pump/semi 12GA. Should we pelt Morthai with a wishlist? BTW, I'm a M1911 in .45ACP guy(I own 1 or 6). Major brands like Glock, Sig and H&K. Actually the .40 glocks could cover a DC Metroplex. We can vote whether the 4.6MM MP7 sould get that name or should we make up one like "XMP"? :D
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Funny you should mention this actually, as one of my first tasks on DCIII was to put together a new weapons list :) This has been altered again since, and in fact still isn't set in stone, but a couple of things Phulish mentions have been changed: we have added the Glock series and the Benelli shotgun (aka the HK-1014). I'm not giving any more away than that! 8)

You are an afficionado of the M1911 series? Might be tempted to drop a custom version or a more modern reworking into a scenario - Para Ordnance P14-45 anyone? In fact, the M1911 series might make a nice article for Protodimension mag, if someone were to write it ;)
Lee Williams.
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

I am all in for a weaponwishlist. But actually I would be more pleased if the 9mm paradoxon would somehow be erased in dc3.
Руки Вверх!
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

I only possess DC1. Glancing at the M1911 stuff, there's alot from minor variants to the latest news: the USMC's M45 Colt. 8)
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

Ok, I've started collecting together my magazines and other references and looking at ALL the M1911 stuff on Paul Mulcahy's site. I think a first set of stats and a quick reference for an article and more here or on the Yahoo group. I now have a page of rough data on the general back ground data.