Monkeys trained to beg for money... but wearing dolls heads

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Monkeys trained to beg for money... but wearing dolls heads

Post by ReHerakhte »

Got this link from the Supressed Transmissions Google group.
From the hosting site: -
“A kind of you“, a disturbing series about the world of street monkeys in the city of Jakarta, created by the Finnish photographer Perttu Saska. Trained and dressed as humans to ask for money to passersby, as is an old Asian tradition, these monkeys have now become real objects, even wearing doll heads to accent mimicry, turning them into real living toys… A cruel phenomenon that leaves a strong sense of unease…"

http://www.ufunk.net/en/photos/street-apes-jakarta/

To take the comments of one member of the Suppressed Transmissions site further, this is an interesting idea for a race of beings hiding in plain sight on the streets of some Third World country.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Phulish
Nome

Re: Monkeys trained to beg for money... but wearing dolls he

Post by Phulish »

Dolls alone can be creepy enough.....
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Just a couple of months after your post this practice has been outlawed...coincidence or conspiracy?
Руки Вверх!
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Zvezda wrote:Just a couple of months after your post this practice has been outlawed...coincidence or conspiracy?
CONSPIRACY!
They know we're on to their scheme and now they're looking for other places to hide!

It's whether I win...
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

The thought of being surprised by a creepy screeching doll's head makes me want my M1911A1 or my HP35, it sounds like a horror movie scene.....
Pennanngalan
Prole

Post by Pennanngalan »

Phulish wrote:The thought of being surprised by a creepy screeching doll's head makes me want my M1911A1 or my HP35, it sounds like a horror movie scene.....
This pretty much echoes my thoughts... I bet people with heart problems loved this :mrgreen:
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

:D
It really makes for a disturbing scenario and the pictures from that website are just downright freaky in some cases.

Still, I'm not too worried by it, I live in a house populated by three cats (I wouldn't say we own them, it's more like they own me and my house-mate). One is very territorial and protective, one is a consumate hunter and the other is a half-feral that doesn't get phased by anything.

Besides, I also own guns and night vision scopes... hehehehehe

It's whether I win...