Greetings!

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Oddball

Greetings!

Post by Oddball »

Greeting to everyone (after some time lurking in the shadows).

I’m from a town near Barcelona and I have the pleasure to referee some Dark Conspiracy groups around here. Up to one month of ago, I had only the fist edition of Dark Conspiracy. In fact, I have no idea if the game had even been sold in any Spanish store. I managed to get a .pdf copy three years ago, through those secret ways that must remain in the shadows…shhhhtttt :wink: . I entered in the Dark Conspiracy universe thanks to Twilight:2000. Me and some friends purchased the “yellow box” of Twilight 2000 (v2.2) back in 1993 in one of the few stores of Barcelona where one could find roleplaying games on those years. Inside the box, a little brochure announced a pair of interesting games (Traveller:The New Era and Dark Conspiracy). This was the same brochure that turned up two years ago while I was revising my Twilight:2000 material (a game I’ve never left to run). So, I decided to explore it. From then, me and my players have run our Dark Conspiracy games with our own version of the second edition. That is: Take the first edition and borrow things from Twilight:2000 and Traveller:The New Era. Ok, ¿What’s the problem? We have a humble website in Catalan language and my wish was that our material (character sheets, NPC sheets, etc.) could be used by other people without the need for them to know our personal adaptation of Dark Conspiracy.

And now, thanks to this forum I discovered the initiative of a third edition of Dark Conspiracy. And, what it was more interesting, the new set of rules seemed to be an upgrade of the familiar set of rules used by our groups for years, with Twilight:2000 and Traveller:The New Era. So, this time I’ve purchased my .pdf copy of DC3 without using those secret ways that must remain in the shadows. Nothing better than a fair prize and a praiseworthy initiative to discourage piracy.

So, right now, I’m taking a good read to DC3. And I’m enjoying it. For sure, I will have some doubts I will wish to ask. So, I’ve decided to stop lurking in the shadows and say hello.

Have a nice day!
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: Greetings!

Post by ReHerakhte »

Welcome to the forum.
So with a forum name of Oddball, you must be a fan of the movie "Kelly's Heroes" yes?
I love that movie even if Oddball and his tank crew were 1960s hippies in a 1940s movie :D
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

Welcome home Oddball!
An excellent taste in games, an excellent taste in movies. You will like the place especially since there are almost non of them negative waves around. 8)
Руки Вверх!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Bona nit!

And thanks for the welcome!

And yes, Kelly's Heroes is among my favorite things....Hmmmmm Have you ever think to use "Burning Bridges" as the ending music for some of your DC games? :wink:
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Back in the forum after a long and obliged break.

A happy event, the birth of my second son, has kept me away from roleplaying games for a while. But now things are returning to normality, though we could not run our planned first DC adventure using the new rules.

Anyway, everything is ready for this weekend. I would act as a GM for a group of rookie and eager players, using the new 1.1 version of Conspiracy Rules and a home bred adventure.

Greetings to everyone!
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Good to have you back and many congratulations on the birth of your new son :D
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Oddball wrote:Hmmmmm Have you ever think to use "Burning Bridges" as the ending music for some of your DC games? :wink:

A very nice idea. It sort of fits with DC characters having discovered the existence of the dark and having to make a break with their old lives to become minion hunters. They've burned their bridges and can't go back. The demands of their new life might mean they'll have to burn a few more.

Congratulations on the happy news!
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."