Thought Fodder...

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Morthrai
Site Admin

Re: Thought Fodder...

Post by Morthrai »

Linden wrote:Or it's from somewhere so far away that even travelling though the quantum dimensions still take ages?
Ooh, could be. Hadn't considered that!
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Me either. Very good point Linden.
It also makes me think of some possibilities regarding the aliens and Dimension Walk and their relationship with the Dark Lords.
Specifically I mean, the aliens have some ability with Empathic skills but when they start drawing "power" (for want of a better way to describe it) from the Dark Lord, their Empathic abilities are increased by several orders of magnitude.

They travel from their homeworlds in a mothership equipped with a hybrid FTL drive however the distance is so vast that their own Empathic abilities mean they can only "fast travel" in small hops. Contact with the Dark Lords gives the aliens the ability to travel the same distances with Dimension Walk but without needing the ship or, the power they draw from the Dark Lord gives them increased range when making jumps in the ship.
Either way, the point is that their seduction and corruption by the Dark Lords is made relatively easier because the power being offered is much greater than what they themselves can already wield.

Apologies for the "stream of conciousness" style posts in this thread. I very much am typing up these ideas as they pop into my head so they're not necessarily fully formed or properly thought out! :roll:
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote: Apologies for the "stream of conciousness" style posts in this thread. I very much am typing up these ideas as they pop into my head so they're not necessarily fully formed or properly thought out! :roll:
It's all good! Maybe that's how some of the ETs perceive the universe, on a freeform basis?
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

While not particularly related to the posts above in any specific way, I found these two entries in Wikipedia to be good candidates for thought fodder: -

The Black Tapes is interesting because, in the words of the wiki entry, it takes place in "a world where math, musical theory, obscure points of history, and science become either clues of a possible demonic invasion – or just random events linked only by an active imagination." I can see the potential in both explanations here. While the demonic invasion is obvious, the other idea, where the events are only linked by someone's overactive imagination could make for some interesting gameplay. For example, what if it's the person themselves causing the high weirdness because they can link all those elements together (something along the lines of the ETs using abstract math to open portals as mentioned in earlier posts)?
The Black Tapes

The Mysterium is interesting because it's a very different musical piece, one that would involve the music coordinated with visual, olfactory and other audio inputs to produce an "experience" rather than just a simple listening. That "experience" was what exactly? A precursor to the end of the world as we known it with an evolution of humanity afterwards.
Mysterium
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...