Bug Morthrai, or What Gear is Waiting in the Wings......

Any and all discussion about Dark Conspiracy, the RPG of modern conspiracy horror
Phulish
Nome

Bug Morthrai, or What Gear is Waiting in the Wings......

Post by Phulish »

I mentioned long ago the XM109 Payload rifle that uses the M25 grenades. How about the ISTEC ISL M201 gl for the MP5? A list of semiauto variants of our favorite rifles? Consumer Tek for the great unwashed? :wink: He helped me with some items for the adventure I'm redoing for Protodimension.
Morthrai
Site Admin

What we are up to (was What Gear is Waiting in the Wings)

Post by Morthrai »

Phulish wrote:I mentioned long ago the XM109 Payload rifle that uses the M25 grenades. How about the ISTEC ISL M201 gl for the MP5? A list of semiauto variants of our favorite rifles? Consumer Tek for the great unwashed? :wink: He helped me with some items for the adventure I'm redoing for Protodimension.
Fair comment, and also an excuse to let people know what we are up to...

Various real-world problems have contributed to the extended delay between 3rd edition products. I won't go into all the details right now, but we are getting back on track I promise! Originally we overstretched ourselves on trying to put together some big projects that didn't need to be that big, but now we are returning to our original idea of several short projects. These will be reminiscent of the old GDW folio adventures and expansions, though a couple of longer sourcebooks are on their way including one completely created by members of the DC community. 3HG will just be editors for the manuscript :D

To answer your original point: One of the longer projects was a weapons and equipment guide. This material will now be released in smaller segments to allow at least some new stuff to get out. Those items will probably be in there ;)

The change of schedule for Protodimension didn't quite work out (nobody sent us anything for weeks!) but there will be a Halloween issue. We have had some excellent content come in recently from contributors old and new. I wonder, do you guys prefer a set deadline for submissions, because our intention was to help by taking the pressure off?

Anyway, that's the current state of things. Stick with us, there IS more to come 8)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Phulish
Nome

Re: Bug Morthrai, or What Gear is Waiting in the Wings......

Post by Phulish »

I've long suspected you guys had lives and all the highs and lows that go with them. :D It's nice to hear the plan too! :wink:
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Phulish wrote:I've long suspected you guys had lives and all the highs and lows that go with them. :D It's nice to hear the plan too! :wink:
Always was one of our problems; neither Norm, Tad or myself are the kind of people to blow our own trumpets. Self-publicity and waving the DC banner in peoples faces to get ourselves noticed does NOT come naturally to we three, so sometimes it is hard to stand in the spotlight :?

From now on I will ensure to stay in touch with our wonderful fans and contributors, even if we haven't moved forward 8)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

Design and test DCIII stuff, play other RPG's to decompress, work day jobs, have family and friends. That's a lot.