Remember Tomorrow

This forum is for the discussion of any topic you want to discuss - from other RPGS through to events in the world at large.
Linden
Darkling

Remember Tomorrow

Post by Linden »

Not a horror/conspiracy game but most definitely in the cyberpunk genre and adaptable to a wide range of near future environments. Although the rulebook suggests players may like to dispense with aliens and magic as too way out it strikes me as possible to include those elements in a Dark Conspiracy style game (perhaps replacing magic with empathy – this isn't Shadowrun). The reliance on factions also seems well suited to a conspiracy game e.g. Corporations (minion controlled or otherwise), shadowy government agencies, street gangs and the like.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Re: Remember Tomorrow

Post by Morthrai »

Sounds good to me. Also shares its name with an early Iron Maiden tune :twisted:
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote:Sounds good to me. Also shares its name with an early Iron Maiden tune :twisted:

A debt fully acknowledged in the credits along with Ultravox and Lady GaGa. :wink:

I'm very interested in the philosophy of the game (designed to be played without a GM) but not sure I fully understand the mechanics. Nonetheless I may have a go at knocking up some suitably DC style pooled PCs and factions as antagonists for the main player characters.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

You know, based on the very brief product description that's on places like DriveThruRPG, I hadn't bothered looking too much at this game. However, the extra info from Linden has peaked my curiosity - I'll give it a second look.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
tadkelson

Post by tadkelson »

I so want a link to it, especially since I read your submission in preparation for PDM 14
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

tadkelson wrote:I so want a link to it, especially since I read your submission in preparation for PDM 14

There's a rather harsh review of it on RpgGeek (3 rating) that nonetheless makes a valid point about there being no connection between the characters, which can make the game quite hard work. Similarly a mate declined to play it because he thought it was "making up pulp fiction on the fly." I actually quite like the idea of doing that, but I think it's true that Remember Tomorrow doesn't make any concessions to people who are new to this whole storytelling games lark. With my DC style characters and factions piece I tried to include a few links or potential links which I thought might help get the first few games up and running more easily.