Achtung: Cthulhu!

This forum is for the discussion of any topic you want to discuss - from other RPGS through to events in the world at large.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Achtung: Cthulhu!

Post by Morthrai »

British publishers Modiphius have recently released Achtung:Cthulhu! As the name suggests, the game revolves around Mythos fighting during the dark days of World War 2 with something of a war movie flavour :D

Available in Call of Cthulhu and Savage Worlds flavours - got to be worth checking out!
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Re: Achtung: Cthulhu!

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote:
Available in Call of Cthulhu and Savage Worlds flavours - got to be worth checking out!

Quite like the look of this but not keen on the episodic format, rather get the impression you have to keep putting your hand in your pocket to get the full monty. Also would like to have seen a print edition right from the start as opposed to some nebulous point in the future. PDF owners will get a discount but again you'll still be paying twice for the same material. Possibly I'm being unfair but the pricing structure turns me right off.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Linden wrote:
Quite like the look of this but not keen on the episodic format, rather get the impression you have to keep putting your hand in your pocket to get the full monty. Also would like to have seen a print edition right from the start as opposed to some nebulous point in the future.

I have to say if it were me, I would have held back on the Chaosium-based version until the 7th edition CofC rules were out. There are actual real differences in the way some things are done in the new edition, which has to be the first time for many years ;)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Morthrai wrote:
I have to say if it were me, I would have held back on the Chaosium-based version until the 7th edition CofC rules were out. There are actual real differences in the way some things are done in the new edition, which has to be the first time for many years ;)

The timing might not be that great but on the other hand I won't be buying the 7th Ed CoC. No insult meant to the people involved, but I'm quite happy with my 5th Ed rulebook. Again, I've got the game - why do I need to pay for it twice?
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."