The Others...

This forum is for the discussion of any topic you want to discuss - from other RPGS through to events in the world at large.
Morthrai
Site Admin

The Others...

Post by Morthrai »

By which I mean the other games in our genre of course :) Here's a short list, most of them being systems we cover in Protodimension. Feel free to add more!

Beyond The Supernatural
Chill
Conspiracy X
Delta Green
Over The Edge
Supernatural the RPG

Also, a big thanks to Marcus for adding this section. Such an obvious thing to add but we didn't think of it before now!
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Re: The Others...

Post by Linden »

Cold City
Hot War
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Kult

STALKER The SciFi RPG
Reason: While it's not the same sort of horror as Conspiracy X, Kult or Call of Cthulhu, it has an environment so radically changed that even the laws of physics can be twisted or perverted. There's also sutble radiations that can mutate a persons genes so that their offspring are 'different'. The horror comes from the environment turning against you.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Tom B

Post by Tom B »

CORPS by BTRC. (Yes, the current (2nd edition) is a generic system, but the 1st edition was the 'Conspiracy Oriented Roleplaying System'.) Actually, Greg Porter is working on a worldbook supplement for the newer EABA RPG based on the setting of the original CORPS. (It was almost Dark Conspiracy before Dark Conspiracy...)

Unknown Armies
A|State

(The former more than the latter...)
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

This is starting to grow into quite a list :D
I think Apocalypse Prevention Inc. may also fit the list.
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

I almost forgot alternity Dark*Matter, which I very much enjoyed, and its later D20 Modern version which I know little about. There is some very neat stuff in the original version and production values for the main book were very good.
Lee Williams.
Marcus Bone
Site Admin

Post by Marcus Bone »

Morthrai wrote:I almost forgot alternity Dark*Matter, which I very much enjoyed, and its later D20 Modern version which I know little about. There is some very neat stuff in the original version and production values for the main book were very good.
Here's an amusing story, back in 99, when Geoff, Mike & I got together to attend Gencon, Dark*Matter had just been released by WotC. We seriously thought that it was going to be the next big thing in horror gaming...

Little did we know that it was already dead in the water...

Marcus
Owner of http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.info and other great RPG websites -
- Stormbringer! - Supporting the Eternal Champion RPGs at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com
- Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Marcus, I remember Geoff telling me when he first saw the publicity for Dark*Matter he emailed Mike right away. Also turned out that D*M writer Wolfgang Bauer and Mike were at college together 8)

Now that's a conspiracy!

Also, I actually liked the alternity system with the gradation of bonus die types and all that.
Lee Williams.