STOCS Lite

This forum is for the discussion of any topic you want to discuss - from other RPGS through to events in the world at large.
Linden
Darkling

STOCS Lite

Post by Linden »

Generic modern rpg originally published by Wasteland Games back in the mid-90s. Available as freeware from their website. The game system exhibits similarities with both BRP and the GDW house system but has some interesting ideas of its own. Combat is quite dangerous.

The Majii sourcebook provides an alternate take on the Delta Green/Conspiracy X alien invasion scenario. The Vardukar sourcebook is closer to Dark Conspiracy with a war against bodysnatching monsters from another dimension. Both take place in the same game universe so could perhaps be used for deeper background in a DC campaign.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: STOCS Lite

Post by ReHerakhte »

Thanks for the info Linden. I was interested in STOCS many moons ago but never bought any of the books.
Then of course, over the years, I completely forgot about it so it's good to be able to get my paws on them (and even better when they're free!)
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Re: STOCS Lite

Post by Linden »

I always liked the idea of STOCS Lite - a concise set of rules that seemed to cover most of the situations that would occur in a modern game: Combat, car chases, poisoning and even magic/psi powers. Not sure how easy they would be to run in practice though. The rules for calculating injury and types of wound strike me as quite number heavy and maybe a bit fiddly.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."