3Hombres Games and new material for DC

A forum for discussing both the new The Dark Times modern conspiracy horror fanzine and the now defunct Protodimension fanzine.
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

3Hombres Games and new material for DC

Post by ReHerakhte »

Now I vaguely recall reading somewhere that 3Hombres had a fourth adventure in the works for DC. Is that correct and if so, is there a projected release date yet?
Yeah yeah I'm fishing for details... 'cos I'm nosey :D

Cheers,
Kevin
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Re: 3Hombres Games and new material for DC

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote:Now I vaguely recall reading somewhere that 3Hombres had a fourth adventure in the works for DC. Is that correct and if so, is there a projected release date yet?

As it happens we have more than one in the pipeline, but we are holding on to them until the new rulebook is out and adapting them for the changes we have made. They will still be compatible with the old editions too :)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Cheers Lee,
I think it's fair to say that there's a bit of anticipation for the next 3Hombres release - certainly is from me :D

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Well, in the interests of fairness I have to admit I REALLY need to pull me finger out with writing! Been stuck in a rut for ages :(
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

Hey I can understand that.
I'm in two minds in regards to writing: -
1. sometimes it's better to let something inspire you rather than trying to force the inspiration.
and
2. sometimes I work better with a looming deadline, because I know I have to get something down on paper (so to speak), I'll get hit with a burst of inspiration and then madly write something down.

I think one of the issues with DC is that because it is so wide open in regards to genre, there are so many different things you could write up for an adventure whereas other horror games have a narrower focus.

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote:Hey I can understand that.
I'm in two minds in regards to writing: -
1. sometimes it's better to let something inspire you rather than trying to force the inspiration.
and
2. sometimes I work better with a looming deadline, because I know I have to get something down on paper (so to speak), I'll get hit with a burst of inspiration and then madly write something down.

I'm just the same. I've written stuff where I've got about half way through, run out of steam and have then left for literally years before I get the necessary impetus to finish. On the other hand a deadline can be a great impetus in itself.

ReHerakhte wrote:I think one of the issues with DC is that because it is so wide open in regards to genre, there are so many different things you could write up for an adventure whereas other horror games have a narrower focus.

I'd agree with that as well. I love the flexibility DC gives you to try ideas that might not necessarily fit into more background heavy games.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

I have several notebooks that I must coordinate my thoughts on.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Phulish wrote:I have several notebooks that I must coordinate my thoughts on.

If you ever have anything you would like us to look at, either for Protodimension or maybe even for "proper" publication through 3Hombres Games, just let us know ;)
Lee Williams.
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

Well, I've put my .45 stuff and the firearms career in General Discussion. I'm going to look at the gunsmithing bits of T2K2 and I'm creating reloading as a skill of it's own. I'll see what else I can come up with. :D