Looking For Submissions

A forum for discussing both the new The Dark Times modern conspiracy horror fanzine and the now defunct Protodimension fanzine.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Looking For Submissions

Post by Morthrai »

Hi folks! We are looking for submissions for Protodimension magazine. At the moment we have just 2 short articles. Please send us your horror & conspiracy gaming stuff or we might have to miss a Halloween deadline for the first time while we wait for enough material to come in :(

We cover AFMBE, Call of Cthulhu, Conspiracy X, GUMSHOE, Little Fears and Unknown Armies as well as Dark Conspiracy and others too. We even do the editing and make things look all shiny for you!

If you have something for us, attach it to an email and send it along to us at: submissions(at)protodimension(dot)com.

Full submissions guidelines are available here:
http://www.protodimension.com/zine/?page_id=54

Cheers!
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Re: Looking For Submissions

Post by ReHerakhte »

Well funny you should mention that... I was having thoughts about a PD article earlier today, one that will make the gunbunnies (and yes I include myself in that!) a little happier.
Unfortunately I haven't got any Halloween suitable horror scenarios... in fact I haven't thought up a reasonable horror adventure for months :(
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote:Unfortunately I haven't got any Halloween suitable horror scenarios...
Don't worry about that, last issue was late and we've only got a couple of articles so far so it might not be out until after Halloween anyway :?
Lee Williams.
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Heya Lee, just sent off my latest submission but it's given me an idea for a short adventure so sometime during the following weeks I'm hoping to have a second article for inclusion.

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote:Heya Lee, just sent off my latest submission but it's given me an idea for a short adventure so sometime during the following weeks I'm hoping to have a second article for inclusion.
All good :) We're getting some really good submissions already to go along with it.
Lee Williams.
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

I'm still working on my race, flame weapons, and other goodies. The race needs to be "DC Formatted( the mythology, the reality, etc.). This will be playable as a character, hence no "Dark" in front of the race part. I'll still submit more stuff than anything else. My new race has inpired a thread idea, but I'll do it last. :D Race makes it sound bigoted, but it's not :wink:
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Phulish wrote:This will be playable as a character, hence no "Dark" in front of the race part. I'll still submit more stuff than anything else. My new race has inpired a thread idea, but I'll do it last. :D Race makes it sound bigoted, but it's not :wink:
I don't think anyone here would mistake it for racism in any way :D However, it does raise the point that even species that are benign to humankind are still referred to as Dark Races. Do we need a different name for them, or should we leave it? After all, this is Dark Conspiracy and using an alternative name would let the PCs know "these guys are on our side" from the start ;)

Or not :twisted:
Lee Williams.
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

Morthrai wrote:
Phulish wrote:This will be playable as a character, hence no "Dark" in front of the race part. I'll still submit more stuff than anything else. My new race has inpired a thread idea, but I'll do it last. :D Race makes it sound bigoted, but it's not :wink:
I don't think anyone here would mistake it for racism in any way :D However, it does raise the point that even species that are benign to humankind are still referred to as Dark Races. Do we need a different name for them, or should we leave it? After all, this is Dark Conspiracy and using an alternative name would let the PCs know "these guys are on our side" from the start ;)

Or not :twisted:
Good to know! Still struggling along, if the Korea thing works out, We might be able to start a dark atlas section of Protodimension! :D
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

Dark Race sent! Now back to flame weapons and other gear. :D
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

Two Down! :D Maybe I can get as many as last issue!
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Phulish wrote:Still struggling along, if the Korea thing works out, We might be able to start a dark atlas section of Protodimension! :D
Not a bad idea if we were to get enough material to make it a regular section. When I am able to get my creative side up to speed I might just have a bash at somewhere myself.

I must admit I have never had any intention of changing my Republic of Britain setting from way back when, it is of its time from my point of view :) However, a totally fresh look at my part of the world might be in order...
Lee Williams.
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

At the Least, we know Dark U.S., that still leaves a lot of places to be framed, maybe even fleshed out. Thailand can be tweaked from "Cesspool of the Orient". I think it's doable, or a massive learning experience. :P I've got a few ideas to bind things together.
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

Got another one done! :D WhooHoo!
ReHerakhte
Darkling

Post by ReHerakhte »

Heya Lee, how long left for the deadline for this issue?
I dropped the ball on the little adventure I was thinking of contributing but I have a very short piece that's almost complete about the technology of 3D Printing of metal parts that I think makes for interesting ideas about the corporations being able to manufacture items for their own use (as in, items that would traditionally be identifiable by the composition of their metals** or by a serial number).

** It is possible to identify, in general terms, where many metal products were manufactured due to "signatures" from the manufacturing process being left on the product but also the atomic composition of the metal itself can identify where the metal was sourced from.
Last edited by ReHerakhte on Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's whether I win...
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

That has a number of possibilities, suppose the symbiods aquire one......