Looking For Submissions

A forum for discussing both the new The Dark Times modern conspiracy horror fanzine and the now defunct Protodimension fanzine.
Phulish
Nome

Re: Looking For Submissions

Post by Phulish »

That has a number of possibilities, suppose the symbiots acquire one......
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

ReHerakhte wrote:Heya Lee, how long left for the deadline for this issue?
I dropped the ball on the little adventure I was thinking of contributing but I have a very short piece that's almost complete about the technology of 3D Printing of metal parts that I think makes for interesting ideas about the corporations being able to manufacture items for their own use
Well, the last issue was a little delayed so we didn't stick to the usual deadline this issue. We are getting into the final editing now, so it may be too late for this one - depends how long it takes us to put it all together.

Just send it in when it's ready, might hold it over to next issue but we'll use it :)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

Yeah no worries, ultimately it doesn't really matter if it gets this issue or the next one or the one after cos' it'll end up in one of them! :lol:

I'm just doing some final research in regards to the two main types of 3D Metal Printing and getting some pricing info then all I have to do is put everything into a semblance of order.
One of the most interesting aspects of these types of 3D Printers to me is that they are classified as industrial robots and we all know what happens with robots in the DC universe :twisted:
So think about some rogue AI taking control of a factory of 3D Printers in the middle of the night, producing a mass of metal parts and then having some minions (Animators comes to mind) assemble them before dawn and then the 'product' being left in the loading bay for delivery by the regular shipping company.

To put the horror of that notion into perspective, 3D Printing can produce metal components in around five days or less where traditional production can take weeks and sometimes months and they don't just work with metal, they can do ceramic components as well - so just imagine thousands of ceramic knives produced in a matter of weeks, just in time to arm the agitators at the next protest against the corporations...
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Morthrai
Site Admin

Post by Morthrai »

Sounds good :D
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"