Protodimension issue 18 now available!

A forum for discussing both the new The Dark Times modern conspiracy horror fanzine and the now defunct Protodimension fanzine.
Morthrai
Site Admin

Protodimension issue 18 now available!

Post by Morthrai »

Greetings all.

We are very pleased to announce that Issue 18 of Protodimension Magazine is now available for download. This issue contains gaming material for Call of Cthulhu, Dark Conspiracy and the Dramasystem, along with some short fiction and a great cover courtesy of Todd Shearer. We also have an interview with Chris Birch of Modiphius Publishing.

Download your copy from here:
http://www.protodimension.com/zine/

We are seeking submissions for future issues, as usual. If you have something that fits our "horror-conspiracy-weirdness" remit, send a copy to us at:
submissions@protodimension.com

Cheers!
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Re: Protodimension issue 18 now available!

Post by Linden »

Just downloaded it, looks like being another bumper issue. Nice to see my photo of St Giles church getting some use - looks quite creepy with that bleached out effect.

Looking forward to reading The White People, a story I've always wanted to read but never quite managed to track down. That excerpt from Arthur Machen's journal looks quite disturbing in itself: Gargoyles and strangely humanoid vegetables. I'm not sure I'd want to see the rest of it.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
ReHerakhte
Darkling
Location: Australia, west coast. Hiding in the ceiling, waiting for the aliens...

Post by ReHerakhte »

I completely agree with Linden, looks rather good. Although I knew of Machen (specifically for his part in the creation of the "Angels of Mons" legend but also for "The Great God Pan"), I'd never heard of "The White People" story before and it's quite caught my interest.

I'm really happy to see Protodimension still going strong at 18 issues. Particularly after witnessing the over-organization planned for an attempted Twilight: 2000 ezine where one former US Army NCO decided the editor must tell potential writers what to submit and when to submit it. When it was mentioned that you shouldn't dictate what articles a fan should write and you had to let them write submissions they were interested in writing, the former US Army man declared that "a failure to plan is a plan to fail".
Demonground and Protodimension were both quoted as examples of where he was wrong.
(Not surprisingly to my mind, this new Twilight: 2000 ezine published only two issues with the third talked about but apparently not created.)

However, having said that, I really, really, really have to get off my backside and come up with some submissions considering how many issues there's been since my last contribution. I've lacked inspiration over the last year due to my workplace (or now former workplace) so by posting here I'm kinda trying to guilt myself into producing something!

But yeah, a great effort as always from the staff and writers. And as always, I look forward to the next issue... maybe I'll have something of mine in there if I can get my lazy arse motivated!
It's not whether you win or lose,

It's whether I win...
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

ReHerakhte wrote:

I'm really happy to see Protodimension still going strong at 18 issues. Particularly after witnessing the over-organization planned for an attempted Twilight: 2000 ezine where one former US Army NCO decided the editor must tell potential writers what to submit and when to submit it. When it was mentioned that you shouldn't dictate what articles a fan should write and you had to let them write submissions they were interested in writing, the former US Army man declared that "a failure to plan is a plan to fail".

Leaving aside the fact that it's really for the editor(s) to decide how the mag is run I think that attitude fails to recognise the reality for most contributors. Most of us send stuff in when we can, but we all have lives in the real world that sometimes get in the way. Like yourself I've had workplace issues which meant I've not been able to submit anything for the better part of the last six months. I've kept at it when time permits and I've at last sent something in for consideration for issue 19. There's no way I could write to order in the way the ex-US army man describes, even if I wanted to, which I don't. :roll:
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."