Call of Cthulhu - Haunted House scenario?

This forum is for the discussion of any topic you want to discuss - from other RPGS through to events in the world at large.
Linden
Darkling

Call of Cthulhu - Haunted House scenario?

Post by Linden »

Can anyone suggest an adventure other than The Haunting? Something not too complex and readily adaptable to a modern UK setting.

Thanks in advance.

Linden
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Re: Call of Cthulhu - Haunted House scenario?

Post by Morthrai »

Well, I was going to suggest one that I used a few years ago for some noobs to Cthulhu, but I can't remember its name nor seem to find it anywhere :?

It was one of Mike La Bossiere's I am sure, but it's nowhere to be seen. It involved a book that had a sort of spectral guardian type adversary bound to it magically. Pretty neat for newcomers.
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Cheers Lee. I've gpt the Michael LaBossiere compendium, downloaded from YSDC, so I'll have a trawl through that.

Incidentally, Challenge did a pair of really good scenarios in this vein, both by JB Hill. Not quite what I'm looking for though - best suited to Classic and Gaslight settings.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Zvezda
Darkling

Post by Zvezda »

There was this "The Bet" scenario. Where the PCs had to stay in a haunted house. If it is still needed I can look up were it is.
Руки Вверх!
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Cheers Zvezda, I think that was a Dark Conspiracy adventure in a Challenge Halloween issue?

It's academic now as my CoC campaign has finished, the investigators managing to get themselves all killed while investigating a Yog Sothoth worshipping cult centred around a high rise housing estate (Timmsdown West from the Black Seal #3). Thanks for the suggestions though both.