Podcasts

This forum is for the discussion of any topic you want to discuss - from other RPGS through to events in the world at large.
akeel1701

Podcasts

Post by akeel1701 »

Hey Guys, how's it going?

It's been absolutely ages since I've been on this site... sorry I've been away for so long.

Lately I've been listening to various podcasts - namely Trekcast and HPPodcraft and I was wondering if you guys do a podcast as well....

I've listened to a few gaming podcasts but they seem to consist of a bunch of guys just recording their play session - and I'm looking for something a bit more immersive - does anyone know if there is anything like that out there... either related to the Dark Conspiracy genre or in the wider field - a game session that runs almost like an audio play - no mention of die rolls or any game-mechanics....
Morthrai
Site Admin

Re: Podcasts

Post by Morthrai »

Hello there!

There hasn't been an actual Dark Conspiracy podcast as yet. However, I regularly listen to several shows so I'll link them here and you can give them a try if you like. They may not be exactly what you are after but I think these deserve a listen:

The Good Friends of Jackson Elias - three fellow Brits discuss horror gaming and inspirations, mainly Lovecraftian but they do cover other things too.

Ken & Robin Talk About Stuff - in which renowned game writers Kenneth Hite and Robin D Laws do indeed talk about stuff, and they cover a very wide range.

Improvised Radio Theatre With Dice - a UK-based show covering all manner of RPGs. Worth listening to because one of the hosts is long-term Dark Conspiracy afficionado Roger Bell-West.

Blurry Photos - a show that deals with all manner of paranormal and weird topics, often with a large dose of humour :) This isn't a gaming podcast per se but they do cover RPGs in passing. Much inspiration to be had for DC and related gaming.

I hope this helps!
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"