MegaTraveller

This forum is for the discussion of any topic you want to discuss - from other RPGS through to events in the world at large.
Linden
Darkling

MegaTraveller

Post by Linden »

I'm not familiar with Bundle of Holding promotions, but currently there's a lot of MegaTraveller books on offer:

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/MegaTraveller

Rather piqued my interest as I was thinking of running a Space Opera style campaign at some point, probably not Imperium based though. I'd be obliged for any views you all might have on MT as a game system e.g. user friendliness, comparison to the GDW house system, any truth in the rumours that you need a massive errata sheet to make sense of it.

Cheers

Linden
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Morthrai
Site Admin

Re: MegaTraveller

Post by Morthrai »

Well, I don't have my copy to hand but as I remember it the game mechanics are more similar to the 2300AD rules. Not sure which of them came first.

There was a very extensive errata sheet for the original printing but I think they caught them all eventually. Should be OK by now. :)
Lee Williams.
"Superstition is the name the ignorant give to their ignorance"
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

Thanks Lee, I'm still tempted but at the same time I don't really want anything more complex than MiniSix. I suspect original 2300AD was a nightmare to run with its weapon damages being expressed in fractions.
"There's a lot of dignity in that, isn't there? Going out like a raspberry ripple."
Phulish
Nome

Post by Phulish »

Megatraveller, 2300AD, Twilight 2000 V2.2 were to be streamlined, DC and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs as well would use one House System.
Linden
Darkling

Post by Linden »

I know they have their keen supporters on the forum, but I don't find GDW's game systems very user friendly, streamlined or otherwise. They're by no means the only offenders e.g. I don't reckon much to Cyberpunk 2020 either. Products of their time perhaps.